CHAMPAGNE COCKTAILS TIPS
- Keep your Cook’s California Champagne chilled at about 42 - 45°F.
- Pre-chill your glasses until you are ready to enjoy your delicious Cook’s cocktail.
- Don’t bubble over – when adding Cook’s California Champagne, pour only small amounts at a time to prevent foam-over.
- Repeat until your glass is filled.
POP ETIQUETTE: HOW TO SERVE SPARKLY
Whether it’s for a big party or to celebrate one of life’s little victories, here’s how to serve Cook’s with confidence.
HOW MANY SERVINGS ARE IN A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE?
There are about six 4-ounce glasses in a 750 ml bottle of champagne.
HOW DO I CHILL CHAMPAGNE?
Place the bottle on the top shelf of your refrigerator (it's the coldest shelf) about 3 to 4 hours before you plan to serve. Pressed for time? Chill for 30 minutes in an ice bucket filled with 50/50 ice-water mixture.
Important: Never put champagne in the freezer. It's not good for the bubbles or your leftovers. Freezing champagne may cause the bottle to explode and cause serious injury or damage.
WHY IS GLASSWARE IMPORTANT?
Champagne is served in flutes (tall, thin glasses) and coupes (tulip-shaped glasses) because they keep the champagne bubbles flowing to the crown, concentrate the aroma, and preserve the bubbles longer.
HOW DO I OPEN A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE?
- Remove the foil wrapper and fully loosen the wire hood. Keep a thumb on the cork.
- Hold the bottle at a 45-degree angle, point the cork away from people and priceless heirlooms.
- Grasp the cork and wire hood with a towel and gently twist the bottle, not the cork. You'll feel it loosen before it pops out. That towel will come in handy to catch any run-off.
- Once the cork is loose, gently pull it out of the bottle.
WHAT IS THE CORRECT WAY TO POUR?
Initially pour about an inch into each glass, allow it to settle, then fill the glass to about 2/3 from the top.
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVER CHAMPAGNE?
If you don't finish your bottle of champagne, just reseal it with a special champagne cork . On average you can keep an opened bottle refrigerated for several days.
HOW DO I STORE UNOPENED BOTTLES OF CHAMPAGNE?
When storing unopened bottles of champagne, keep the bottles horizontal to maintain the cork's airtight seal.